Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Barra Paradise Part 3

Location: Barra Island
Bait: Live Prawns
Date: Sometime in June 2010

Fine day for fishing. As usual me and my regular kaki Faisal proceed to Changi to stock up on bait. Arrived at our spot at around 10 plus am. Set up our gears and made our first cast. Weather was really hot though as we gulp down our ice cold drinks every now and then. Perserverance and patience in the blistering heat paid off when my rod gave a bend. Quickly grabbed it and set the hook. The second I pumped my rod the majestic Barramundi emerge from the water and made one of its acrobatic leaps in attempts to throw off my hook. It's attempts failed however as I got the situation under control. Landed the beauty and weigh it and it was registered at 2kgs flat. Next action came from Faisal rod, as a fiesty Barra also gave a strong run, however was later subdued coming in at 1kg. Tired and sweaty, we left the spot at 5pm feeling very satisfied.

The two barras together
Victory Kiss!!

No comments: